Women always want to have gorgeous hair and will just about anything to achieve it, including trying all the latest hair products or gadgets to get the look you want. Flat irons, hair product chemicals and harsh hair brush bristles are doing real damage to your hair. As women get older, their hair goes through changes and hair thinning is one of them especially has they enter their 50’s and 60’s. Hair experts believe this happen because of hormonal changes, but haven’t determined the exact cause of thinning hair as we age.
Thinning hair may also have another factor and that is how you treat your hair. Intense heat from curling irons and chemicals can affect your roots and in turn cause female pattern baldness. Wearing cornrows, tight hair braids or weaves can also cause hair los and often it may not grow back.
Here are some simple tips to help avoid damaging your hair:
- Use brushes with soft bristles.
- Often condition your hair after shampooing it with proper pH balanced products.
- Use hair products that don’t contain sulfates or parabens.
- Try not to overexpose your hair to highlighting or hair coloring chemicals.
- Cut down on weekly use of flat or curling irons.
- Trim your hair regularly to get rid of split ends.
- Taking Biotin and vitamins on a regular basis may also increase healthy hair growth.
If you’ve found yourself suffering from hair loss and it may be self-inflicted, come meet privately with a hair loss specialist at one of our Van Scoy Hair Clinic locations. Contact us today and we’ll set up a hair and scalp consultation.
Photo Credit: Artur Chalyj via Flickr Creative Commons